[seek-dev] Re: [kepler-dev] Ozone warning current and warning levels

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at sdsc.edu
Mon Jul 19 23:07:53 PDT 2004

DH> Bertram,
DH>     Check out
DH> http://www.arb.ca.gov/aqd/aqinfo.htm
DH>
DH> for hourly info on ozone and other pollutants for various spots in Ca.
DH> PPM (or PPB - parts per billion) seems like a good unit to me. To

only if you have all of the stuff below (pressure, temp, vapor..)

or maybe PPM/PPB are better units, if you know what's HEALTHY (or
definitely unhealthy). Googling quickly I found threshold values in
microgram per m^3, but not in PPM...

DH> convert to mass per unit volume, one needs the air density (which
DH> depends on pressure, temperature, water vapor, etc.).  So can a Kepler
DH> ontology figure all this out?!
DH>
DH> (Or just give up the idea of jogging in Southern Califormia :-) )

Lots of people do it here, so it must be good.
(famous last words of a lemming ;-)

Bertram