[seek-dev] Re: Thoughts on data input into Kepler: and 'R'

Shawn Bowers bowers at sdsc.edu
Fri Jul 9 09:32:57 PDT 2004

Matt Jones wrote:

> I also agree that we'll need alternative ways to view the data than just
> chunking it up to one record per fire.  We've discussed 'table at a
> time' delivery and your suggestion of being able to output 'vector at a
> time' delivery is also a good idea.  Both R and Matlab are more vector

This is off topic, but shouldn't "table-at-a-time" basically be the
default way to pass relational data in a workflow system such as Kepler?
  It seems like any sort of statistical operation (except "non-blocking"
ones) or operations that combine (i.e., joins) two or more datasets
requires table-at-a-time processing.

shawn