[seek-dev] EcoGrid Certificate Authority design document

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Jan 20 13:14:00 PST 2004

Jing, Bing, Dave, Peter, Rod, and other EcoGridders,

I have been charged with a design and implementation of a certificate
system for EcoGrid.  Managing this monstrosity will likely be the
largest problem in using Grid-based services.  I have begun a design
document on the SEEK wiki to try to flesh out some of the ideas more
fully.  Could you please review and revise the document if you see any
errors or omissions?  The draft document is at:

   http://seek.speciesanalyst.net/ow.asp?CertificateAuthorityDesign

Note that I propose some changes to the way the existing KNB system
works, so you might want to review the DNs for the institutions like
LTER etc to see if they work for you.

Thanks,

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara