[seek-dev] full garp pipeline

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Sat Feb 7 16:28:25 PST 2004

Hi,

I've put the GARP pipeline we developed last week in SEV up on my web
site for anyone to download.  Note that this pipeline does not run, but
is a prototype of the entire GARP process.  There are two files you
need.  First get http://trestles.nceas.ucsb.edu/full-garp.xml.  You can
save this file anywhere...I recommend in your kepler directory.  Then
get http://trestles.nceas.ucsb.edu/dynsrc.tar.gz.  This file will need
to be unzipped into your kepler directory.  The directory structure
after you unzip it should be
kepler/dynsrc/org/ecoinformatics/seek/workflow/.  All of the needed
actors should be in that directory.  Let me know if you can't get this
to work.

In case any of you want to fix the bug we discovered where the garp
pipeline window gets created off the screen, edit the file
kepler/lib/garpModel.xml.  Edit the file and find the line that says
something like
<property name="_windowProperties"...  on that line there should be an
xml attribute that looks like
value="{bounds={1300, 2700, 975,590}}".  Change the first two values
(they may not be 1300 and 2700 but they will be rather large) to 10,10.
  Then execute 'ant clean run'.  the next time you open the garp model
it should be on the screen in front of you instead of off in
neverneverland.  let me know if you have problems.

Thanks to everyone that was at SEV for the BEAM/AMS/KR meeting last
week.  It was extremely productive and I think our software projects,
specifically kepler, will benefit tremendously.  I'll let everyone know
when I get various things working/fixed in kepler and hopefully we'll
have an installer within the next month or two.

chad