[seek-dev] Re: file transfer experiment

Bing Zhu bzhu at sdsc.edu
Thu Feb 5 11:09:07 PST 2004

No, there is no need to have ftp or grid-ftp in both client and server side.
The data (both text or binary)
is transferred via OGSA framework by using a simple technical similar to
UNIX I/O. You can run it
in your laptop to verify this.

First I transferred a string through this method and it had problem with
binary data because
there is non-XML character (s). So I change it to transfer bytes via OGSA.

The returned integer represents a 'handle' which is similar to a file
descriptor in UNIX.

I will packaged the service code and send it to our team.

Bing