[seek-dev] need a new upload() method in MetacatClient.java

Bing Zhu bzhu at sdsc.edu
Tue Aug 31 10:53:12 PDT 2004

Sid,

In implemeting Ecogrid's 'put' for Metacat, it will be more
efficient to have a new upload method for the Ecogrid's
put service.
    public String upload(String docid, byte[] bytes)

Currently I can only find the existing one,
    public String upload(String docid, File file),
with which the Ecogrid's put service has to save the input byte array
into a file and then call this method. I am going to implement
it for now. Once the new method is available, I can just directly
call the new one. Thanks.

Bing