[seek-dev] Question on the Ecogrid

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Apr 22 12:25:31 PDT 2004

Shawn,

Right now that would be a matter of expressing an unconstrained wildcard
search (%).  We can use the same query syntax to launch the query
against the various ecogrid nodes, but as each supports a different
metadata standard, there's still some work to be done to make them all
searchable from a single query.  There's some question about what it
would mean to combine results from each of the node types, as they
represent fairly conceptually different return entities. There are
examples of how to compose ecogrid queries in the CVS directory
"seek/projects/ecogrid/tests/testfiles".  These can be submitted using
the ecogrid client library (in CVS), or through the web interface that
Rod has been developing (but which is still not complete).

Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara