[seek-dev] Re: [pmc] CVS account

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Sep 24 08:16:25 PDT 2003

Robert,

We upgraded our ssh servers last week because of security issues with
the previous version.  So now the system is more strict about how it
lets you connect.  Consequently, you need to use SSH protocol version 2
when connecting.  Most (all?) ssh clients support this these days, so it
shouldn't require any new software on your part.  Just be sure you are
using ssh2 to connect.

For tortoise CVS, by default it uses an ssh1 protocol.  You can change
this to ssh2 in the TortoiseCVS preferences (right click on an explorer
window and choose CVS|Preferences... from the menu).  In the preferences
dialog, go to the "SSH" tab, and change the SSH application to
"TortoisePlinkSSH2".  This is simply a different batch file that forces
the ssh client to use ssh2.

When you connect, you will probably get a notice that the host key has
changed, which is ok.

Matt