[seek-dev] RE: source code area structure

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Sep 17 16:45:40 PDT 2003

Hi, Bing:

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Bing Zhu wrote:

> Jing,
>
> 1. I guess you already have the file 'QueryType.java'? It will be easier for
> me if you send me the file.
>    Or you can point to me where is it in dev.nceas.ucsb.edu.
>    (Sure I can check the tree out and run ant to create it. But check the
> (2)).

The attached java files are QueryType.java and relative file in stub.

> 2. Since you have much experience with OGSA, you are in charge of it. Since
> we are using OGSA
>     as a common layer for both Metacat and SRB, our OGSA-based query will
> create Metacat and SRB
>     query object and get results back. In this picture, I currently just
> need to concentrate on creating
>     a SRB query object which accepts argument of type QueryType and get the
> search result from SRB
>     system. For this I can treat it as a standalone object and have a small
> test main to test my code.
>     Once it is done, I just need to plug my SrbSeekQuery into your OGSA
> service.

To my understanding, Metacat and SRB need setup grid service
seperately. They have seperate implementation and using differenct url. I
don't think we put them into one class. (I am sorry I missunderstood your
last email).
What I did in OGSA is try to setup build file and help us to generate
grid service from a given Impl class(for example either metacat or srb)
and  wsdl file(actully it is gwsdl file). The wsdl file is same to metacat
and srb. But the implementation for metacat and srb is different. You
might take a look the MetacatImpl class and it has one method named query.
This method should have one input - a QueryType object and a return -
AnyRecordType (oh, I need to change it to ResultSetType). In
implemenation, we need to figureout how to transfer QueryType java object
to Ecogrid query xml file(SRB and Metacat can share it). Then base the
ecogrid query xml, metacat(or SRB) will transfer it to its native query.
To the result, we need figure out how to transform our native result to
ecogrid result format and then transform the ecogrid result format xml
file to AnyRecordType(Resultset Type) java object. Now I am working
how to transform QueryType java object to ecogrid query xml and transfer
ecogrid xml result set to java object.

If it is possible, could you give me a call tomorrow?

Thanks.

Jing