[seek-dev] source code area structure

Bing Zhu bzhu at sdsc.edu
Tue Sep 16 17:39:29 PDT 2003

Jing,

Following the last mail, where is the code of 'QueryType.java'?
I saw the following line.
import org.ecoinformatics.ecogrid.QueryType

I think we need to move the 'impl' and 'client' under EcoGrid rather
than having them under EcoGrid/Metacat since the Ecogrid query service
will submit queries to both Metacat and SRB. Namely,
seek/projects/ecogrid/src/org/ecoinformatics/ecogrid/client/Client.java
seek/projects/ecogrid/src/org/ecoinformatics/ecogrid/impl/QueryImpl.java
etc.

And then we have java code from Metacat and SRB for EcoGrid stored in
seek/projects/ecogrid/src/org/ecoinformatics/ecogrid/metacat
and
seek/projects/ecogrid/src/org/ecoinformatics/ecogrid/srb.

Thus the package can have consistent names such as
import org.ecoinformatics.ecogrid.srb.MetacatQuery
and
import org.ecoinformatics.ecogrid.srb.SrbQuery
.

Cheers,
Bing