[seek-dev] SEEK service registry

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 31 15:36:44 PST 2003

Bertram -

Our current approach is to use the OGSA service registry approach (its
called "ServiceGroup" in the OGSA documentation.  We have set it up on
some test servers for EcoGrid, but have not yet deployed the production
version.  That is one of my tasks.  See the registry related bugs in
bugzilla for details.  You can also see the OGSI description of it here:

	http://www-unix.globus.org/toolkit/draft-ggf-ogsi-gridservice-33_2003-06-27.pdf

(starting on page 56).

We considered UDDI, but decided it 1) does very little for its level of
complexity, and 2) doesn't support some core needed features, such as
dynamic service metadata.  The Grid model is much better in several
important respects for scientific computing.  Hope this helps,

Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara