[seek-dev] incorporating web map modeling service into ecogrid

Yang Yu yyu at sdsc.edu
Thu Nov 20 11:42:19 PST 2003

Hi,
  In the Santa Barbara meeting we have decided that we should incorporate
the web map modeling service in SDSC into the ecogrid. We are writing the
WSDL for the service and modifying it to be SOAP-compatible. We have
talked to Bing about OGSA and GT3. However, it seems that GT3 have no
support for perl, which is the programming language we use.
  So, here is the question, if we have a SOAP-compatible web service and a
WSDL, what should we do to make it a part of the Ecogrid? If we can't use
GT3, what other tool kits should we use?

Yang