[seek-dev] Fwd: cvs sans password

Guillaume Rousse rousse at ccr.jussieu.fr
Tue May 13 12:42:48 PDT 2003

Ainsi parlait Chad Berkley :
> Here is a message that Chris sent out a while ago about how to auto login
> to CVSD via SSH.  When I follow it exactly, it works.  I haven't tried this
> on windows though, but Chris said in the message that it should work with
> cygwin.
Using keys without passphrase is obviously evil, and a security flaw. Anyone
with file access on the machine where they are stored will be able to fake
your id.

You'd better use passphrase protected keys, with an ssh-agent to avoid
entering your passphrase more than once per session. It also works on
windows, we have people there using putty and winCVS without problems.

You can even use keychain if you want to keep your agent running once you're
logged out, for cron task for instance.
--
Disks are always full. It is futile to try to get more disk space. Data
expands to fill any void.