[seek-dev] get operation in ecogrid query

Bing Zhu bzhu at sdsc.edu
Tue Dec 2 16:28:06 PST 2003

Jing,

I have some comments here.

1. In SRB, the identifier will be the SRB ID.
    In the get operation for SRB, this SRB ID is translated into following:
            host name  (e.g. multivac.sdsc.edu)
            Physical file name with path in that machine.
    In this case, the source will be either NULL or a port number in getting
a SRB file.

2. It is better for the return value from 'get' operation to:
        0 --> succeeded.
        a negative number -> failed. The number is the error code
corresponding to an error.
                                       In SRB, failure to retrieve a file
has many causes. 0 and 1 is not
                                       not sufficient to handle error code
information.
3.  We need to have a way to let system admin to turn on or off the Debug
     by modifying some configuration file(s) such as server-config.wsdd
before starting SEEK Ecogrid
     factory services. I wonder how Tomcat is handling this. If they already
have a build-in function to
     check if Debug is on or off, we need to put such function call for each
System.out.println statement.

Bing