[seek-dev] OGSA-DAI

Bing Zhu bzhu at sdsc.edu
Fri Aug 15 10:12:51 PDT 2003

Hi Jing,

How is OGSA configuration going?

I did go through the all installation of Java, ANT, Tomcat,
OGSA, mySql, and finally OGSA-DAI in my laptop.

In installing the OGSA-DAI, I didn't see any difference from
the one we did in dev.nceas.ucsb.edu. So far the services are
running in my laptop and I can see those services and their
WSDL via web browser. (The OGSA is deployed with standalone Tomcat
as pointed by OGSA-DAI people.)

Currently I ran an example of accessing MySql database via OGSA-DAI
interface. The service returned an error status because it picks the
wrong configuration of user name and password. I need to figure out how
OGSA-DAI picks those information. This is what I need to do in next
few days. Once I figure out this puzzle, I should be able to come
up a better picture of overall OGSA-DAI approach.

Meanwhile, I need to start checking out our installation of OGSA-DAI
in dev.nceas.ucsb.edu.

Sincerely,
Bing