[seek-dev] Domain maps, thinkmap (r) and thoughts on open source

Rich Williams rich at sfsu.edu
Thu Apr 17 12:38:04 PDT 2003

I suspect there's a lot of work ongoing in this area, much of it open
source.  For a few ideas, check out some interesting graph display and
navigation software that have been integrated into Protégé
(http://protege.stanford.edu/, an ontology/knowledge base tool) as plugins:

http://www.touchgraph.com/index.html
http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/

Also of interest is the knowledge viewer Shrimp:

http://shrimp.cs.uvic.ca/index.htm

There’s a version of it, called Jambalaya, integrated into Protégé:

http://shrimp.cs.uvic.ca/jambalaya/jambalaya_intro.shtml

I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Rich