[seek-dev]Re: SEEK statistics language/environment

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Sep 11 15:12:25 PDT 2002

Hi Bertram,

Yes, R is commonly used in ecological analysis and modeling.  Its
basically an open-source port of S, but seems to be outpacing S now.  It
is one of the big three that we currently have drivers for in Monarch
(our analytical pipeline software).  The others are SAS and Matlab.
Although we plan to expand those to other useful analysis
platforms/models as well.

Matt

PS I sent this as well to the new seek-dev at ecoinformatics.org mailing
list.  This is a new list that I've pre-populated with a few of the SEEK
contributors who I thought would be interested in technical discussions
as we head into SEEK development work.  Please let me know if you'd like
to be removed from this list, or if you think someone else should be
added.  Now that SEEK is funded, lets get the discussions rolling!  Thanks.

Current seek-dev list members are:
berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
fvilla at zoo.uvm.edu
jbrunt at lternet.edu