[seek-dev] RE: [seek-dev]SEEK CVS organization

Vieglais, David A vieglais at ku.edu
Mon Dec 9 12:59:34 PST 2002

Hi Matt,
Thanks for the CVS info.

The organization looks good, though I have a strong preference for DAV over
CVS for storing things like documents, powerpoint slides, and so forth that
may have one primary editor.  As you say, DAV is nicely integrated into
windows 2000 and xp boxes (connect web folder in Windows Explorer), which
allows open and save to DAV folders from all the office apps plus a few
more.

We can always use CVS for complicated document writing if need be.

I think it was mentioned during the SEEK meeting that EcoInformatics has an
IRC server running, and I was wondering if that might be a useful mechanism
for online discussion when necessary?

Regards,
  Dave V.