[seek-beam] GARP

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Mar 10 15:20:10 PST 2006

Hi Cory,
    In answer to your question, when the Kepler ASC To Raw  actor is
used to combine a set of *.asc layers into a *.dxl file set for GARP,
all the input layers do need to have the same cell sizes and extent.
However, if they do not, there are some other Kepler actors that can be
used to preprocess the asc grids. For example, the GridRescaler can be
used to convert the larger extent layers to a finer extent and matching
scale, or the finer extent layer can (if I remember correctly) be
extended to a larger extent with NO_DATA values inserted for points
outside its current size.
    One other point - GARP in Kepler uses a different format for
occurence locations than Desktop GARP. Kepler assumes a single species,
so the occurence data is just 2 numbers per line (longitude, latitude).

Dan Higgins
NCEAS

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195