[seek-announce] SEEK: November 2004 All-Hands Meeting RESERVE THESE DATES

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Jun 7 14:29:17 PDT 2004

I was just about to point this out when Peter's message came rolling in.
  I, for one, would say that voting day should probably not be used for
a meeting (or a travel day), especially this year when *everyone* should
be voting.  I would move to change the meeting dates.  Even though
everyone, including me, hates weekend meetings, I think this might be a
time when it is appropriate.  I personally, do not want to vote absentee
for such an important election.

chad

Peter McCartney wrote:
> You do know that this spans election day, right?
>
> On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 14:30, Beach, James H wrote:
>
>>SEEK Project Participants:
>>
>>The November 2004 SEEK All-Hands meeting will be held at the
>>University of Kansas on Tuesday, Nov 2nd through Friday, Nov 5th.
>>This year we will meet in the Kansas Union, which is located next to
>>the Natural History Museum.
>>
>>We will arrange for a block of hotel rooms to be set aside for
>>SEEK'sters for the nights of Monday, Nov 1 through Thursday, Nov 4th.
>>We will not have rooms reserved for Friday Nov 5th.
>>
>>Visitors should plan to arrive in Lawrence no later than the evening
>>of Monday, Nov 1, and should schedule flight departures no earlier
>>than 5:30 PM on Friday the 5th, out of the Kansas City Airport (Code:
>>MCI). The plenary wrap-up session (setting priorities, goals,
>>deadlines, assignments) will go until 3:30 PM on Friday.
>>
>>Drive time between the University of Kansas and the Kansas City
>>Airport is one hour.
>>
>>Additional information will be forthcoming later in the summer.
>>
>>Best,
>>
>>Jim B.
>>
>>____________________________
>>James H. Beach