[obs] Species occurrences in OBOE

Simon.Cox at csiro.au Simon.Cox at csiro.au
Thu Dec 16 17:36:57 PST 2010

In O&M we made the point that some properties are asserted (e.g. identifiers, tract boundaries) while others are observed (e.g. height, weight, taxonomic classification, occurrence location).
The observation model is primarily there to support quality assessments of the latter.
Applying it the former is possible, but is really using the wrong tool for a very different job.

Simon