[obs] Species occurrences in OBOE

Shawn Bowers bowers at gonzaga.edu
Wed Dec 15 09:31:36 PST 2010

Hilmar --

I'll let Matt comment further. But indeed we discussed most of your
points below when creating this representation. We modeled it this way
since this seemed closest to what was being represented in DwC.

As for this statement:

> Also, if OBOE is indeed confined to direct observational measurements (as
> Shawn recently suggested), then  those properties and assignment should be
> represented differently indeed, shouldn't they?

I don't know what you mean here by "direct observational
measurements". So, I don't think I suggested this :-)

Shawn