[kepler-users] Stop and resume execution

Timothy McPhillips tmcphillips at mac.com
Wed Sep 17 17:06:17 PDT 2008

Hi,

First, please note that while COMAD has some promise as a technology
for supporting stopping and resuming of workflows, capabilities for
doing this with COMAD currently do not exist.  It is a (proposed)
research area where COMAD is concerned.  In short, COMAD does not
solve this problem at this time.  If you still want to try out COMAD
please read on and feel free to contact me for additional information.

You can find the COMAD actors and support classes a couple different
ways depending on how you are working with Kepler.

If you are developing with Kepler you can find the source files for
the COMAD-related capabilities in Kepler under src/org/nddp.  This is
where you will find them if you have, say, checked out the Kepler 1.0
release of Kepler from the subversion repository.  There are sample
workflows and data sets under workflows/nddp.

A newer version of this code is stored in the part of the subversion
repository set aside for Kepler extensions: https://code.kepler-
project.org/code/kepler/modules/.  If you want to build this code the
best way to do this for now is to follow the instructions in this
tutorial on using a new build system for developing Kepler
extensions.  The code in the extension area will supplant the code in
the main source area for Kepler as soon as we have a way of easily
packaging and sharing extensions to Kepler, at which point the
procedure will be to download and install Kepler, then download and
install the comad extension.

However, if you just want to try out some sample Kepler workflows
based on COMAD, the easiest thing to do is to download and run the
Kepler/ppod preview release for OS X.    Again, I'll be happy to ask
questions about the COMAD capabilities demonstrated in this "preview
release".

You can also read about the pPOD preview release and COMAD in the
latest Kepler newsletter.

Cheers,

Tim