[kepler-users] problems finding the python actor

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Oct 13 13:05:55 PDT 2008

Hi Matt and Trina,
    Although the PythonScript actor is not in the actor tree of Kepler
1.0.0, the code for the actor IS included as can be seen by the examples
that appear in $KEPLER/demos/Python/ directory. You can build a new
workflow by copying the PythonScript actor from one of the examples
(e.g. PythonDialogExample.xml). Alternatively, you can use the
Tools/Instantiate Component menu to create a Python actor using the
class name "ptolemy.actor.lib.python.PythonScript". Once created you can
then save it in your local library.

Dan Higgins

-----