[kepler-users] custom icon on a newly created actor?

Peter Reutemann fracpete at waikato.ac.nz
Sun Oct 5 02:50:47 PDT 2008

> I wanted to create  a custom actor, and the documentation explained this accordingly,
> and I created one.
> But,i want to have the new actor have a different icon representing it,
> how do i do this?

You have to create a GIF thumbnail and a SVG icon and place them in
the following directory (each in the according sub-directory):
  $KEPLER/lib/images

Then you have to let Kepler know that these icons belong to your new
actor. In the directory:
  $KEPLER/configs/ptolemy/configs/kepler
you have to modify either the
  uiSVGIconMappingsByClass.properties
properties file, in case you have a Java class underlying your actor, or the
  uiSVGIconMappingsByLSID.properties
properties, in case you want to associate via the LSID and not the classname.

Note: $KEPLER refers to your installation directory of Kepler.

Cheers, Peter
http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/           Ph. +64 (7) 858-5174