[kepler-users] Kepler Question

Mark V mvyver at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 17:47:27 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Jianwu Wang <jianwu at sdsc.edu> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
>     We haven't update the work on distributed execution to the web site. The
> forum is still empty. That's why you got the message. Sorry about it. We
> will update this part ASAP.
>
>     About the distributed actors on top of a distributedresource management
> (DRM) systems, we haven't done much on it. Some collaborative organizations
> have implemented some specific distributed actors. We plant to test and
> import them.

Yes, I was relieved to find GridWay - trying to support from all these
DRM's within Kepler seems a development-effort blackhole/nightmare.
However, without the UniCluster stack using Gridway, for any
individual (who is a non-IT professional outside multi-million dollar
lab) is jut a pipe-dream due to the presence of Globus.

>     Your information seems very interesting, I will study it and give you
> feedback later. I would appreciate if you can provide much more detailed
> requirements.

My ideal use case would be to several workflows managed as a DAG.
GridWay seems to support DAG.  Alternatively perhaps actors/components
of a workflow could be DAG nodes?  This is a little vague since I've
not yet got my hands dirty with Kepler.

Regards

Mark