[kepler-users] More questions on configuration

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Nov 6 10:23:18 PST 2008

Hi,

By add, I assume you mean to add it to the tree.  To do this, you'll need to
create the actor metadata file and the compiled java code and import these
to Kepler. There are several ways you can do this.   One way is to create
the Java code for the actor, compile it, and put it on your classpath, then
use 'Instantiate Actor' on the Workflow menu to add the actor to the
canvas.  Then you can use the documentation editor and semantic annotation
tool in Kepler to add documentation to the actor, then use the add to
library function to add the actor to the library.  An alternative approach
is to create a KAR file manually that contains the actor metadata files and
the jar dependencies, which you can then bring into Kepler using the 'Import
KAR File...' menu command.  Examples of the actor metadata are in the
src/actors tree.  There are many other variants on how this could be done.

Matt