[kepler-users] Icon for actor

tog guillaume.alleon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 03:22:00 PST 2008

Hi Jianwu

Thanks to your info, I was able to change my actor icon.
Btw I am wondering if it is possible to change this icon during the
execution of the workflow let say if I want to visualy see my
terminated task I could change the icon in the wrapup  method. Is that
possible ?

Guillaume

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:36 AM, Jianwu Wang <jianwu at sdsc.edu> wrote:
> Hi Guillaume,
>
>     Firstly, the public repository of Kepler has changed from SVS to SVN:
> https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/trunk/. The
> 'VizDesign-AddingIcons_kma.doc' is a little out of date. Sorry about it.
>
>     Secondly, if you just want to use your actor locally. The two files,
> namely uiSVGIconMappingsByClass.properties and
> uiSVGIconMappingsByLSID.properties, mean your local files. They can be found
> at $KEPLER\configs\ptolemy\configs\kepler\ (Linux or Mac machine) or
> %KEPLER%\configs\ptolemy\configs\kepler\  (Windows machine). You need to
> change the files at the public repository only if you want your changes
> effect all the Kepler users.
>
>    I hope it is useful.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Sincerely yours
>
> Jianwu Wang
> jianwu at sdsc.edu
>
> Post-Doctor
> Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
> San Diego Supercomputer Center
> University of California, San Diego
> San Diego, U.S.A.
>
> tog wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Thanks for your answer.
> I have been following all source codes and reading the docs it looks
> this was a bad idea.
> Nevertheless, it is not very clear from the documentation (word file)
> how to proceed, it just says:
>
> """
> Instructions for assigning existing icons to an actor can be found in
> the Kepler CVS repository here:
>
> kepler\configs\ptolemy\configs\kepler\uiSVGIconMappingsByClass.properties
> kepler\configs\ptolemy\configs\kepler\uiSVGIconMappingsByLSID.properties
> """
> And I have been unable to retrieve those files (is the cvs/svn public
> ?) . Could you give me more explaination please.
>
> Thanks
> Best Regards
> Guillaume
>

> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Jianwu Wang <jianwu at sdsc.edu> wrote:
>

> Hi Guillaume,
>
>     From the section 10.2.1.4 of Kepler User Manual (which can be gotten
> http://kepler-project.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Documentation), named 'Actor Icons',
> you can find the instructions for actor icons. The reference from this
> section
> (http://cvs.ecoinformatics.org/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/kepler-docs/user/VizDesign-AddingIcons_kma.doc)
> has more detailed info. If you have any more questions, please let us know.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Sincerely yours
>
> Jianwu Wang
> jianwu at sdsc.edu
>
> Post-Doctor
> Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
> San Diego Supercomputer Center
> University of California, San Diego
> San Diego, U.S.A.
>
> tog wrote:
>
> Hi

> [...]

PGP KeyID:C1A0A73F  FingerPrint:A4A2 73C0 E7D4 6437 8185  D05E ECF2
AD84 C1A0 A73F
http://cheztog.blogspot.com