[kepler-users] Getting Started with Kepler in Japanese

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Nov 5 10:29:26 PST 2008

Hi Akiko,

The Getting Started Guide is released open source with Kepler, so you can do
a translation. That would be great.  We would really appreciate it if you
would contribute a translated version back to the project and manage the
translated document in the Kepler repository so that we can keep all of the
different language versions of the manual together.  I understand that there
might also be a Chinese language version at some time.  By contirbuting your
translation back to the project and storing it in our shared Kepler source
code system, we could then generate a version of the Kepler distribution
that includes the Japanese guide, as well as get the guide on the web site
alongside the English versions.  If this is ok with you, I'd be happy to get
write access to the repository for you and create an appropriate place for
your documents there.  The current documents are in SVN here:

http://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler-docs/trunk/outreach/documentation/

The working subdirectory there contains the original MS Word files for each
guide, and the shipping directory contains the PDF versions of the files
that ship in the Kepler release.  If you could add on a language suffix to
the filename we could easily keep other versions right there (e.g.,
getting-started-guide_jp.doc). Would this work for you?

Matt

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 11:34 PM, Akiko Ogawa <aogawa at kais.kyoto-u.ac.jp>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question.
> I'm now translating "Getting Started with Kepler" into Japanese.
> I'm hoping to make it available for downloading from my web site (not built
> yet).
>
> Do I need obtain permission from somebody to do this?
>
> Thank for your advice.
>
> Akiko Ogawa

Matthew B. Jones
Director of Informatics Research and Development
UC Santa Barbara
jones at nceas.ucsb.edu                       Ph: 1-907-523-1960
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinfo