[kepler-users] Newbie question

tog guillaume.alleon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 06:10:42 PST 2008

Hi Derik

Thanks for the answers. Here are my comments ...

> I was able to get this message too when importing a java actor of mine
> that's not yet in the kepler tree -- but only if I don't first right click
> on the actor and use the Semantic Type Annotation menu to annotate it before
> exporting it as a kar.
> Kepler isn't sure where to place an actor in the tree if it's not
> semantically annotated. Try annotating your actor and then exporting it.

Yes that's it, I was confused. Why is the reason for
   - not asking a semantic type when saving
or
  - just opening the kar file without placing it in the tree (just
like a normal MOML file)

> I'm not clear on what you're asking here, can you be more specific? Is it
> that you want to have a custom configuration box that pops up when you click
> "Configure Actor"?

Yes you got it but I found you automatic GUI generator more powerfull
than expected. Anyway I think the GUI stuff can be done without to
much problem.

Thanks and Best Regards

Guillaume