[kepler-users] Literal text with special characters as a StringParameter/Parameter?

Josep Maria Campanera Alsina campaxic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 09:23:17 PDT 2008

Hi community,
I'm making huge progress on Kepler. Thanks all for this splendid
program.However, I'm in front another drawback.

I'd like to include special characters (" ' # / $variable ...) in the blank
space for a StringParameter/Parameter. Exactly I'd like to include a short
Perl script into it. But Kepler does not allow me to do that! It seem that
the " quotation marks are a problematic characters, then also the $var words
are interpreted when I do not want this.

So, is there any way to save an string literally into a Parameter regardless
their content? Any idea to tackle that?

Also I've look up the functions in the expression language but it seems to
me there isn't that functionality.  An obvious solution is to have a
separated Perl file, but I have ruled out this since I have to modify the
Perl script quite often!

All comments will be appreciated,

Josep Maria,

Josep Maria Campanera Alsina