[kepler-users] System Dynamics Actor?

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 31 14:03:06 PST 2008

Hi Louis,
The short answer is that to my knowledge, no one is working on a
BerkeleyMadonna actor.

Our previous thread can be found at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ptolemy-hackers@bennett.eecs.berkeley.edu/msg00240.html

_Christopher
--------

    I'm confused... Ptolemy has had system dynamics modeling for many years
    (the CT domain, and more recently, the Continuous domain).

    Edward

    At 11:50 AM 1/31/2008, Louis Macovsky wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >Is there any work being done to add a system dynamics Actor?
    >
    >I have raised this question about 1.5 yrs ago but I am still hoping to hea
    >that it is someone's project using for example BerkeleyMadonna
    >http://www.berkeleymadonna.com/ and maybe the more suitable JMadonna which

    >is in development.  I point out JMadonna because I "assume" that its
    >development would be accessible to Ptolemy and Keppler developers.
    >
    >There is an open source SD application that is a relatively new addition t
    >NetLogo.  Could it be a candidate around which an Actor could be developed
   ?

    >In addition to BerkeleyMadonna, I use STELLA http://www.iseesystems.com/ a
   nd
    >Vensim http://www.vensim.com/ .  I have not used Simile
    >http://simulistics.com/ but for a commercial SD package it may be a
    >candidate to work around.  There are other SD programs but I have not used

    >them.
    >
    >I am not a programmer, so I do not have the answers and perhaps I am not
    >even posing the right question(s).
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Louis

    Edward A. Lee
    Chair of EECS and Robert S. Pepper Distinguished Professor
    231 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720-1770
    phone: 510-642-0253, fax: 510-642-2845
    eal at eecs.Berkeley.EDU, http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Faculty/Homepages/lee.h
   tml