[kepler-users] Question about Web Service Actor

Christopher James Tuot christopher.tuot at dfki.de
Mon Jan 21 23:04:22 PST 2008

Hi Rebecca,

I had the same problem as you currently have with Kepler WebService
Actor and Jax-WS. You can find more information about this subject in
the archives of the Kepler mailing list:

http://mercury.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinformatics/pipermail/kepler-users/2007-October/000304.html
http://mercury.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinformatics/pipermail/kepler-users/2007-October/000305.html
http://mercury.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinformatics/pipermail/kepler-users/2007-October/000308.html

We finally decided to go for the AXIS 1 implementation which worked
without any problems. Please also note that Kepler only works with Web
Services using RPC ENCODED binding.

Best,

Christopher

> I am new to using kepler and have been experimenting with the web service
> actor.  I notice that it takes about 5 minutes to display the response from
> the web service it is calling.  The web service is based on JAX-WS while I
> see that the code the web service actor uses to call the web service is
> based on JAX-RPC.  Could this be the reason why?  From what I have
> researched these are two incompatible specs., and I'm surprised it even
> works at all.  I see that the web service sends a response pretty quickly.
> But on the Kepler side, it just keeps executing until about 5 minutes later,
> it displays the response.

- --
Dipl.-Ing. Christopher Tuot
DFKI GmbH (German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence)
Knowledge Management Department
POBox 2080, 67608 Kaiserslautern, Germany
fon:   +49(0)631 / 20575 - 127
fax:   +49(0)631 / 20575 - 103
mail:  christopher.tuot at dfki.de
web:   http://www.dfki.de
Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender) Dr. Walter Olthoff

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes

Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313