[kepler-users] Installation problem on Linux

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Feb 26 10:08:23 PST 2008

Hmm, not sure.  Did you have a previous installation of kepler?  If so
you might try moving your ~/.kepler directory out of the way and letting
kepler rebuild it.  Also, are you sure that your system is using java
1.5?  Check your paths and make sure that the sun interpreter is
actually the one being called.  I've found on some linux systems, they
stick a link in /usr/bin or some similar location for gcj that is first
in your path so it gets executed instead of the java executable that you
think is getting executed.

chad