[kepler-users] PERL interpreter actor in Kepler!

Josep Maria Campanera Alsina campaxic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 11:07:43 PST 2008

Dear community,
I'd like to use PERL scripts embedded into a kepler's Work flow!

Up now, the easiest way is to execute it via a command line execution
actor: "perl script.pl". But this approach is not desirable in any way
since I need the file script.pl detached from kepler system ans saved
in some directory.

What seems for me ideal is to have a PERL interpreter embedded into
KEPLER, like R package is embedded into Kepler (Fantastic)! So in the
configure actor you could write straight away the PERL script and save
it with the actor itself! Does it make sense?

So, (1) is there any plan to build a PERL ( PHYTON, GROOVY or other
languages) interpreter actor into Kepler in the near future?

(2) An alternative would be to recycle or transform the Rexpression
actor to be able to process PERL, How can be done easily?

Thanks a lot!

Josep Maria,

Josep Maria Campanera Alsina
Investigador Juan de la Cierva