[kepler-users] help needed on Workflow

niels hoffmann nielslcr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 15:11:03 PDT 2008

Hi List,

I have another question. I can't quite figure out how to construct my
workflow.
The general workflow I want to develop is to compare two WMS services with
RockType Classifications for an area to see how similar the classifications
are.
To do this we have a webservice that works as a lookup, it accepts two
RockType Classifications and reports back how similar the types are.
In Kepler I want to consume the two webservices and use some image
classification to overlay the images and output a new image with similarity
values.

I attached a Workflow that outlines what I want to do. I know there are
probably some more intricate issues to work around, but it shows the general
idea.
Consume two WMS Services (note in the attached workflow I use 2 general
available ones, I want to consume specific ones that contain rocktype
information for New Zealand)
Get the array of colorvalues.
For the combination of colorvalues call the webservice to get a similarity
value and create an output image with it.
I'm already stuk in the first step. I can't seem to use the URLToImage Actor
output. The documentation says that you should be able to use the ImageToken
in other actors, but whatever I try, I can't get that to work.
Any suggestions?

Kind regards,
Niels Hoffmann