[kepler-users] Problems with Actor - WebService With ComplexTypes

Luis Assunção lass at isel.ipl.pt
Tue Apr 1 12:46:43 PDT 2008

Hi

After I have waited for Web Service Actor with complex types, finally I saw
that this feature is available in Kepler version 1.0 rc1.

Unfortunately I am disappointed because I tested with very simple workflow,
see attached bitmap from kepler design,  (first actor call a method
getContact that return a complex type (ct) and the second actor call other
method that receive the result from 1st actor (ct) and then return the same
complex type (ct).

If I only call the first method works, but if call the second method (see
below) I have the following exception:

ptolemy.kernel.util.IllegalActionException: Attempt to link more than one
relation to a single port.

  in .ComplexTypes.normalizeContact.ct and .ComplexTypes.ct

                at
ptolemy.actor.IOPort._checkMultiportLink(IOPort.java:3811)

                at ptolemy.actor.IOPort._checkLink(IOPort.java:3255)

                at
ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort._checkLink(TypedIOPort.java:736)

                at ptolemy.kernel.ComponentPort.link(ComponentPort.java:540)

                at ptolemy.actor.IOPort.link(IOPort.java:2217)

                at
org.sdm.spa.WSWithComplexTypes._addPortForComposite(WSWithComplexTypes.java:
1182)

                at
org.sdm.spa.WSWithComplexTypes._createOnePort(WSWithComplexTypes.java:946)

                at
org.sdm.spa.WSWithComplexTypes._genInputPortsAndActors(WSWithComplexTypes.ja
va:594)

                at
org.sdm.spa.WSWithComplexTypes._initMethod(WSWithComplexTypes.java:573)

                at
org.sdm.spa.WSWithComplexTypes.preinitialize(WSWithComplexTypes.java:363)

                at ptolemy.actor.Director.preinitialize(Director.java:865)

                at
ptolemy.domains.sdf.kernel.SDFDirector.preinitialize(SDFDirector.java:527)

                at
ptolemy.actor.CompositeActor.preinitialize(CompositeActor.java:1103)

                at
ptolemy.actor.Manager.preinitializeAndResolveTypes(Manager.java:913)

                at ptolemy.actor.Manager.initialize(Manager.java:578)

                at ptolemy.actor.Manager.execute(Manager.java:321)

                at ptolemy.actor.Manager.run(Manager.java:1071)

                at ptolemy.actor.Manager$3.run(Manager.java:1112)

There is someone can give me some help ?

Luis Assuncao

lass at isel.ipl.pt