[kepler-users] sending multi-dimensional arrays

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Sep 28 07:38:58 PDT 2007

Hi,
What's the complete error message?  The text below is missing
the line that says what the problem is.  Just curious.

The MatrixToken classes are for 2-D matrices.  They were developed
to for SDF models where we wanted to pass images around efficiently.
To create multidimensional matrices, use arrays of arrays of arrays.
Or, create your own DoubleNDMatrix class.

_Christopher

--------

    Hi,

    I try to send three dimensional double array from output port (type is
    BaseType.DOUBLE_MATRIX) of actor. But it gives,

        [javac] Compiling 1 source file to /opt/kepler/build/classes
        [javac] /opt/kepler/build/src/edu/tutorial/turuncu/MM5Read.java:317:
    cannot find symbol
        [javac] symbol  : constructor DoubleMatrixToken(double[][][])
        [javac] location: class ptolemy.data.DoubleMatrixToken
        [javac]                     output.send(0, new DoubleMatrixToken(tmp3d)
   );

    error messages. When i define the tmp3d as

    double tmp2d[][] = new double[im][jm];

    it compiles the source. I think DOUBLE_MATRIX is not handle 3d arrays. So,
    how can i send multi dimensional arrays (such as 3 or 4 dimension) in
    Kepler.

    Best wishes

    --Ufuk