[kepler-users] an error while starting Kepler

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Sep 18 09:45:56 PDT 2007

Hi Ketan,
    I did some checking around here with other Linux users. One person
who is using Ubuntu reported getting a similar error about 'gtk-2.0'.
This is apparently related to the Clearlooks desktop/windowing system on
your computer (called by Java when Kepler is building its window?). You
can apparently just ignore the message if Kepler is starting up OK.

    You may want to consider updating your version of Kepler to Beta3 or
the nightly zipped version (see www.kepler-project.org). The Beta 1
version is now quite a bit out of date.

Dan Higgins

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195