[kepler-users] [kepler-dev] The most impressive thing you've done with Kepler

Sérgio Serra sergioserra at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 09:47:04 PDT 2007

Hi Ilkay

I agree with Ketan. I also had some problems with Grid components, for
instance, The authentication has made to connect onlu to GEON, Is there grid
generic actors? By the way, any news about a new version of Kepler?

Cheers,
Sergio

On 10/18/07, Ilkay Altintas <altintas at sdsc.edu> wrote:

> Hi Ketan,
>
> You need to commit and re-open the configuration window to see the
> available methods for a specific web service using the web service actor.
> Does this not work?
>

> It should only close the window you're closing when you close a window.
> The rest should stay up. Please use the close window option. Exit is for the
> whole system as conventional in other software.
>

> -ilkay
>

>  --
> Ilkay ALTINTAS
> Lab Director, Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT)
> San Diego Supercomputer Center(SDSC), UCSD
> 9500 Gilman Drive, MC: 0505  La Jolla, CA  92093-0505
> phone: (858) 822-5453                        fax: (858) 534-8303
> web: http://users.sdsc.edu/~altintas
>

>  On Oct 18, 2007, at 12:23 AM, Ketan Maheshwari wrote:
>
>  Hi
>

> -> I find the heavy-weight user-interface one of the limitations in
> Kepler. Every time I open a new workflow, it creates a new instance of
> Kepler rather than just opening the workflow in the existing interface.
> Further, if I exit from one window, all windows are closed.
> -> While running the web/grid services, it does not identify the methods
> available by parsing the WSDL and the user have to specify them, I think
> this capability should be easy to implement.
>

> Regards
> Ketan
>

> Ilkay Altintas wrote:
>

> Dear All,
>

> I would like to collect some data to understand the current capabilities
> and limitations of Kepler.
> I'd appreciate greatly if you could send me some information on your
> current and past Kepler workflows in terms of:
> - biggest number of actors
> - longest duration of run
> - data&file management and job submission capability
> - technological uniqueness
> - etc...
>

> Unfortunately, there's no Kepler badge of honor to responders, but I'll
> make the interesting summary available to everyone in a few days. ;-)
>

> Thanks a million on advance!
> -ilkay
>

> --
> Ilkay ALTINTAS
> Lab Director, Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT)
> San Diego Supercomputer Center(SDSC), UCSD
> 9500 Gilman Drive, MC: 0505  La Jolla, CA  92093-0505
> phone: (858) 822-5453                        fax: (858) 534-8303
> web: http://users.sdsc.edu/~altintas <http://users.sdsc.edu/%7Ealtintas<http://users.sdsc.edu/~altintas>

Sérgio Serra

"Se enxerguei mais longe que outros homens, foi porque me ergui em ombros de
gigantes"