[kepler-users] Timeout in Kepler using a simple webservice

christopher tuot christopher.tuot at dfki.de
Tue Oct 16 01:35:23 PDT 2007

Hi Luis,

I have debugged a nightly build (current version) from Kepler in Eclipse.

The problem occurs in the class:

org.sdm.spa.WebService (CVS Base revision 1.53)

At line: 847

Object invokeResult = _call.invoke(_objArr);

I added the following annotation to the adder.java class:

@SOAPBinding(style = SOAPBinding.Style.RPC, use=SOAPBinding.Use.ENCODED)

Now Kepler gets the answer but I have to set the timeout really high
(600000), if not I get:

Our webservice is answering almost instantly so I do not understand what
is happening there!?

Any other hints to get us back on track?

Many thanks in advance and regards,

Christopher Tuot

Luis Assunção wrote:
> Hi
>
> Kepler only works with Web Services using RPC ENCODED binding.
> Have you tried to explicit the Use attribute in Annotation like
> @SOAPBinding(style = SOAPBinding.Style.RPC, use=SOAPBinding.Use.ENCODED)
>
> Luis Assuncao

Dipl.-Ing. Christopher Tuot
DFKI GmbH (German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence)
Knowledge Management Department
POBox 2080, 67608 Kaiserslautern, Germany
fon:   +49(0)631 / 20575 - 127
fax:   +49(0)631 / 20575 - 103
mail:  christopher.tuot at dfki.de
web:   http://www.dfki.de
Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender) Dr. Walter Olthoff

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes

Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313