[kepler-users] Bug on component Database query

Vinicius Von Held vonheld at gmail.com
Sun May 6 14:35:30 PDT 2007

Hi,

I´ve just begun to use kepler and I guess I´ve found a bug with the
databases components. I use  'open database connection' and  'database
query'  to access a postgres database. The connection works well and I can
run queries normally. The problem happens when I try to save the kepler
model. I figured out that it happens because of the size of the component
'database query', which it´s big, due to the fact that it contains ALL the
database schema in it, written  in XML format. The database schema is pretty
large ( the script file worn to generate the bank had more than 200 Mb). I
would expect that saving this file would take a while due the component´s
(big) size, but actually it takes forever: the processor begins to run at
100% and the busy memory raises continously, till I kill the java process
(ctrl+alt +del the click on 'terminate process' button). So, I can build a
workflow and even execute it, but I cannot save it.

Have anyone noticed this bug? Is there any way to solve it? Or maybe another
component to take place the database query component?

Regards,
Vinicius Von Held