[kepler-users] while-like structure in Kepler

Emir Mahmut BAHSI embahsi at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 15:31:17 PDT 2007

Hi all,
I am working on conditional structures on existing workflow managers currently. My goal was to implement if, switch and while like structure by using existing actors in Kepler. Till now I could able to implement the first two ones. I attached both of their screen shots.
 In the first example(if example) it tries to download a file. If the first source does not work, it tries the second address.
 In the second example(switch example) there are three alternative addresses for downloading a file. It tries each one sequentially to download the file. Since number of alternatives can be increased by adding actors I call this example switch.
 What I want for the next step is, I try to implement a while structure for the same scenario. In this case, I want my code to keep trying to download a file from one source if that address is not working. It is kind of weird for this example because it will cause the server to down. However it may be useful for other scenarios in which loop condition depends on an event that happens inside the loop(like while structures in C, C++, and Java). I want that while structure to be a generic task which I can use in many cases. Do you have any suggestions for that? Please feel free to ask me the unclear parts if there is any. Thanks in advance.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Emir Mahmut Bahsi
Research assistant