[kepler-users] Command line EOF

Kyle kellrott at csbl.bmb.uga.edu
Tue Jul 10 13:24:23 PDT 2007

I'm trying to setup a shell script to wrap around programs for access
in Kepler.  My current method is to pass the string to be processed
to the "Command Line Exec" actor's inputStream port.  Then inside the
script I have a "cat - > /tmp/$$.txt' to capture the STDIN to a tmp
file.  This works, in that it creates the files, but it stalls
kepler.  It seems that the programs are waiting for a EOF (control +
d) before 'cat' will quit.
Is there a better way to handle this sort of thing?

Kyle Ellrott