[kepler-users] problem in output port data type

[BE] Ufuk Utku Turuncoglu turuncu at be.itu.edu.tr
Mon Aug 13 02:00:08 PDT 2007

Hi,

As you said, i am using the Double class to parse the string but i get
following error messages,

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to
/SFS/users/turuncu/progs/cvs/kepler/build/classes
    [javac]
/SFS/users/turuncu/progs/cvs/kepler/build/src/edu/tutorial/turuncu/ArrayColumn.java:114:
incompatible types
    [javac] found   : double
    [javac] required: java.lang.Double
    [javac]                 _data[j] =
Double.valueOf(inputValue.getElement(i).toString()).doubleValue();

[javac]
^
    [javac] 1 error

the inputValue variable is ArrayToken type and _data is in Double array
type. Double.valueOf expect a String argument but it is not working in
this way. I study sume examples that use Double.valueOf method in
Ptolemy actor directory but in my case i am not using stringTokenizer.

thank you again for your help
best regrads,

ufuk