[kepler-users] Kepler-users at ecoinformatics.org

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Sep 28 10:23:17 PDT 2006

The javaw.exe process is just the java executable that Kepler is running
under. ('javaw' runs 'java' without displaying the background command
window). Kepler will try to use a lot of memory (RAM)) so there might be
a problem on a 1G machine if there are a lot of other applications
running simultaneously, but I  haven't  seen the problem on a similarly
configured Windows machine.

I was not aware of a problem on some Windows machines for the non-JRE
nstaller. Is this a version problem?

Dan Higgins

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195