[kepler-users] Kepler-users at ecoinformatics.org

Wolf-Dieter Klotz klotz at esrf.fr
Fri Oct 27 08:50:23 PDT 2006

Hi,
I am new to PTII and KEPLER. I followed the installation instructions
for both in eclipse. I get the following error when I want to run KEPLER:
KAR Library directories: [C:\eclipse3.1.1_workspace\kepler\kar\actors,
C:\eclipse3.1.1_workspace\kepler\kar\directors]
The class name you entered was not found in the classpath.  Note that
the class you are trying to enter must be in the classpath from which
you launched this program: util.FileReader
The class name you entered was not found in the classpath.  Note that
the class you are trying to enter must be in the classpath from which
you launched this program: org.monash.griddles.JMakeGNSEntries
The class name you entered was not found in the classpath.  Note that
the class you are trying to enter must be in the classpath from which
you launched this program: util.SegmentFileReader
java.lang.NullPointerException: Could not clone actor 'File Reader' from
the 'util.FileReader' class, the actor null, meaning it was not found?
Perhaps there is a classpath problem of the karlib needs to be flushed?
    at
org.kepler.objectmanager.ActorMetadata.getActorAsNamedObj(ActorMetadata.java:600)
    at
org.kepler.objectmanager.library.LibraryIndex.buildTreeModel(LibraryIndex.java:706)
    at
org.kepler.objectmanager.library.LibraryIndex.buildTreeModel(LibraryIndex.java:699)
    at
org.kepler.objectmanager.library.LibraryIndex.buildTreeModel(LibraryIndex.java:699)
    at
org.kepler.objectmanager.library.LibraryIndex.getLibrary(LibraryIndex.java:593)
    at
org.kepler.moml.KSWLibraryBuilder.buildLibrary(KSWLibraryBuilder.java:161)
    at
ptolemy.actor.gui.UserActorLibrary.openLibrary(UserActorLibrary.java:199)
    at
ptolemy.actor.gui.UserActorLibrary.openUserLibrary(UserActorLibrary.java:137)
    at
ptolemy.vergil.VergilApplication._createDefaultConfiguration(VergilApplication.java:252)
    at
ptolemy.vergil.VergilApplication._createEmptyConfiguration(VergilApplication.java:269)
    at
ptolemy.actor.gui.MoMLApplication._parseArgs(MoMLApplication.java:931)
    at
ptolemy.vergil.VergilApplication._parseArgs(VergilApplication.java:357)
    at ptolemy.actor.gui.MoMLApplication.<init>(MoMLApplication.java:211)
    at ptolemy.vergil.VergilApplication.<init>(VergilApplication.java:98)
    at ptolemy.vergil.VergilApplication$1.run(VergilApplication.java:141)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
    at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
    at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

Can someone tell me where to look for remedies?
Bye+Over....
WD Klotz
--
Dr.W-D Klotz - Europ. Synch. Rad. Facility (ESRF) - 6 r Jules Horowitz,
BP 220, 38043 Grenoble,  FRANCE