[kepler-users] Globus jobs/Grid FTP on Kepler

Matthew Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Nov 9 09:07:05 PST 2006

Hi,

The globus actors have to be used in a particular sequence, which is
demonstrated in the test workflow
"workflows/test/nmiworkflow-example.xml".  This file is only available
in the development version of Kepler, not in the beta releases. (You can
also get it fro the web here:
http://cvs.ecoinformatics.org/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/kepler/workflows/test/nmiworkflow-example.xml?content-type=text/plain

If you open that file, you'll see that the Globus proxy actor is
connected to the globus job actor and the grid ftp actor (and provides
the proxy credentials).  You have to configure the proxy actor to
provide your proxy certificate information, which has to be locally
available on the local host (in the configuraiton dialog, it asks you to
browse to your cert files).  The proxy actor output is connected to the
input string of the globus actor (providing the proxy certificate).

One caveat is that I am not sure if these actors are working at all.
There are new versions of the globus libraries and I'm not sure what
version is being used here -- if it works for you I'd really like to
know about it.  Thanks.

Matt