[kepler-users] If-Else Kepler

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue May 9 11:21:34 PDT 2006

At 10:59 AM 5/8/2006, Mohana Ramaratnam wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Has anybody tried implementing if-then-else like control of flow in
>kepler?  I didnt see any replies to a previous post
>(http://mercury.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinformatics/pipermail/kepler-users/2006-March/000088.html)
>
>~Mohana

In addition to the DDF and PN mechanisms others have pointed
to (which conditionally route tokens), there is a new actor
in Ptolemy II called Case, listed in the Ptolemy II default
library under "higher-order components."  This is a composite
actor that can have more than one "inside", and a control port
that determines which inside executes on any given firing...
This works in all domains except CT, but is probably most
useful in SDF, DDF, SR, and DE.  We are working on getting
it to work in CT.

Edward

Edward A. Lee
Professor, Chair of the EE Division, Associate Chair of EECS
231 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720-1770
phone: 510-642-0253 or 510-642-0455, fax: 510-642-2845
eal at eecs.Berkeley.EDU, http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~eal