[kepler-users] New at Kepler

Rafael Kawakami rafaelhk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 11:37:08 PST 2006

Hi Dan,

I'm using Kepler-alpha9 with jre, under Windows XP Professional. I was
wondering: i have the Jre 1.4.1 and JSK 5.0 on this machine, with the
variables set to use them. Could it be it? Does Kepler depends on the
variables on the machine?

Rafael Hideo Kawakami
Universidade de São Paulo

On 3/14/06, Dan Higgins <higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu> wrote:

> Hi Rafael,
>     I just tried the " eml-simple-plot.moml"  using the Kepler-alpha9
> release on a Windows machine and it seems to work OK. What version of
> Kepler are you using and what OS are you running under?
>
> Dan Higgins
> NCEAS
>
> ---
>
> Rafael Kawakami wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was trying to use Kepler, running some examples and trying to make
> > some kind of "Hello World". I came across a lot of exceptions and
> > errors. Most of the examples didn't run correctly. For example, the "
> > eml-simple-plot.moml" had an error in the "Datos meteriologicos" data,
> > and didn't plot the graph.
> >
> > ptolemy.actor.TypeConflictException: Type conflicts occurred in
> > .eml-simple-plot on the following inequalities:
> >   (ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort {.eml-simple-plot.Datos
> > Meteorologicos.DEW}, unknown) <= (ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort
> > {.eml-simple-plot.XY Plotter.inputX}, double)
> >   (ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort {.eml-simple-plot.Datos
> > Meteorologicos.BARO}, unknown) <= (ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort
> > {.eml-simple-plot.XY Plotter.inputY}, double)
> >   (ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort {.eml-simple-plot.Datos
> > Meteorologicos.trigger}, unknown) <= (ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort
> > {.eml-simple-plot.Datos Meteorologicos.DEW}, unknown)
> >   (ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort {.eml-simple-plot.Datos
> > Meteorologicos.trigger}, unknown) <= (ptolemy.actor.TypedIOPort
> > {.eml-simple-plot.Datos Meteorologicos.BARO }, unknown)
> >

> >     at
> > ptolemy.actor.TypedCompositeActor.resolveTypes(TypedCompositeActor.java
> :303)
> >
> >     at ptolemy.actor.Manager.resolveTypes(Manager.java:916)
> >
> >     at ptolemy.actor.Manager.preinitializeAndResolveTypes
> > (Manager.java:814)
> >
> >     at ptolemy.actor.Manager.initialize(Manager.java:513)
> >
> >     at ptolemy.actor.Manager.execute(Manager.java:311)
> >
> >     at ptolemy.actor.Manager.run(Manager.java:967)
> >
> >     at ptolemy.actor.Manager$3.run (Manager.java:1019)
> >
> > Any sugestions?
> >

> > --
> > Att,
> > Rafael Hideo Kawakami

> --
> Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
> http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
> National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine
> Science Building - Room 3405
> Santa Barbara, CA 93195

Att,
Rafael Hideo Kawakami